Barbara grew up in Oxford England, a place where cycling was the transport for all occasions. So becoming interested in first triathlon and then bike racing seemed inevitable. This lead to an interest in physiology and the science of human movement and what happened when injuries occurred. Now living in Canada’s cycling capital, Victoria BC, she appreciates the ultimate cycling diversity: there is a bike for all seasons and tastes: Commuting, cruising, cyclocross, road racing, triathlon, mountain biking, BMX and track racing. So becoming a physiotherapist who specializes in all things related to cycling seemed like an obvious choice!
“This lifestyle of competitive sport brought me to the beautiful west coast, where I
have been registered with the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia since 1998. At my private clinic I treat all types of injuries, many due to the fact that
this incredible part of the world has the best outdoor playground enjoyed by folks 1-90+ yrs old. It’s inspiring and awesome to see.
Having my own work studio has allowed me to offer the most comprehensive treatments available to cyclists on Vancouver island.”
Barbara Bialokoz: BSc (Hons), BSc PT, MCPA, CAFCI, FCAMT, Diploma in Manipulative Therapy, Thoracic Ring Therapist, Trek Bike Fitter Level 2, Community Cycling Coach, IMS\Dry Needling
- University of Southampton BSc Hons Physiology with Pharmacology 1986
- Graduated from Dalhousie University with BSc in Physiotherapy, 1994
- Certified by Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute, 1996
- Sports Physiotherapy Certification, 1996
- Fellow of Canadian Academy of Manual Therapist, 2005
- Instructor Massage Therapy, Dalhousie University, 1992-1994
- Owner, Let’s Get Physio, St Marys University Sport Medicine Clinic, 1994-1996
- Training Diploma, Trek Fit Services Level II, 2009
- Thoracic Ring Therapist, 2015
- IMS\Dry Needling 2016
- Started bbphysio.com in 2006.
It was with an interest in car racing that Dave stumbled into the bike race scene. Looking to go fast around impossible corners at ridiculous speeds, cycling was a cheaper and more viable option in Atlantic Canada than F1. So he began racing road bikes in 1983 and continued until 2004,starting with Canada Games and going on to win the Provincial and Atlantic Championships numerous times. participate at the National Road championships and National Track championships.
“During my entire racing career, I was always trying to perfect my bike fit to get the highest performance possible. If only I had the tools and knowledge that is available to us today. Being a perfectionist with my set-up, I have a full understanding what just 2 millimeters in the wrong direction can have on the feel of the bike.”
- Graduated from the University College of Cape Breton with Diploma in Engineering Technology, 1990
- Certified by Cyclologic Gebiomized in Saddle and Foot Pressure mapping , 2014
- Certified by Cyclologic , 2014
- Certified by BikeFit level 1, 2015
- Medicine of Cycling Certified, 2015
- Slowtwitch Certified 2016
- Worked as an Engineering Technologist since 1990.
- Started bike fitting at bbphysio.com in 2013.
- Competitive road cyclist since 1983
- Member of the 1985 Nova Scotia Canada Games Cycling Team
- Seven times Nova Scotia Points Road Champion
- Two times Nova Scotia Provincial Road Champion
- Two times Atlantic Road Champion
- Attended Numerous National Cycling Championships and the 1998 National Track Championships
The newest addition to the cycling analysis team. Currently racing his 3rd year with Team Red Truck, based in Vancouver BC. This young man, has been bike racing since grade school. His first coach, Lister Farrar, encouraged him to join the Tripleshot youth team and he enjoyed cyclocross, track, mountainbiking and finally road racing. Lots of miles, lots of hard work, a gold medal at National Track Championships in team pursuit, and some great podium finishes to his name. Chris brings experience, calm and a passion for all that is cool and new in cycling. He has also recently attended the Garmin Aero Symposium in Amsterdam and the 3rd Symposium of Cycling Optimization in Munster Germany as well as being certified by BikeFit. All this means that Chris is well versed in the latest technology and concepts to help you get the most out of your biking experience.